Peyronie’s Disease Treatment Available at Boca Raton
Peyronie’s Disease Treatment addresses the serious effects of PD and provides a significant boost to your sex life.
Peyronie’s disease can cause severe complications due to scar tissue developing in the penis. The tissue can create a curvature in the penis, making erections painful or difficult to achieve altogether.
In order to address these symptoms, ED doctor and male sexual health specialist Dr. Richard Gaines offers several different treatment approaches at LifeGaines Med Spa Boca Raton including, PRP, Stem Cells, and Li-SWT. Peyronie’s disease is a condition that causes a curvature of the penis and pain during erections. The condition primarily affects men over the age of 55; however, younger men have also reported suffering from this disease.
Though the presence of a curved penis doesn’t necessarily indicate the presence of Peyronie’s disease, painful or difficult erections along with the presence of a curved penis can indicate the presence of plaque in the shaft of the penis. Scientists are still learning more and more about this disease, but there are several treatment options that have proven to be effective.
How Can People Develop Peyronie’s Disease?
The risk factors for developing Peyronie’s disease are still mostly unknown. In Boca Raton, we are determined to help treat the root case so you can start feeling better quickly. We uncover what is going on to cause this issue for you, not try to cover it up.
Scientists have identified several contributing factors that might make you more prone to developing the disease, including:
- Minor injury to the penis
- Connective tissue disorders
Signs and Symptoms of Peyronie’s Disease
Though the risk factors that lead to developing Peyronie’s disease are still unclear, the symptoms of the condition are easily identified. You most likely are suffering from Peyronie’s disease if you experience more than one of the following:
- Scar Tissue – also known as plaques, will build up in the penis and can be felt under the skin. It will feel like fatty lumps or bands of harder tissue that cause a bend in the shaft of the penis.
- Bend to the Penis – The penis is likely to be bent upwards, downwards, or to one side due to the formation of scar tissue or plaques. The penis can even appear narrowed or indented when fully erect.
- Painful or Difficult Erections – The most disruptive symptom is painful or problematic erections due to the curvature of the penis. Peyronie’s disease can even lead to erectile dysfunction in some severe cases.
All these symptoms can disrupt your life significantly. In addition to physical pain, many men report anxiety and stress regarding their Peyronie’s disease.
Treatment for Peyronie’s Disease
If you are suffering from Peyronie’s disease, rest assured that there are effective treatment options in Boca Raton. The treatment options that exist vary in efficacy and invasiveness and every doctor employs different techniques that they believe work best.
Our physician specialist will perform an exam to determine the extent of tissue build-up and decide with you what treatment option is best.
Surgical treatment options are sometimes more effective than medications, but are painful, require significant downtime, and can have serious complications. Many men elect to forgo surgical remedies for less invasive options.
- Acoustic Wave Therapy (Li-SWT) can provide significant results in reducing the symptoms of Peyronie’s Disease. Li-SWT is the transmission of focused sound wave energy into the body’s soft tissue. When applied through a focused applicator to the penis, it can break down scar tissue and provide additional.
- Stem Cells and PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) were also found to be successful in treating Peyronie’s disease. This treatment option involves harvesting PRP from your own blood and applying it to the penis where plaques have developed. The growth factors work with your body to regenerate tissue and dissolve plaques.
- Stem Cell Therapy has been effective in some cases, make sure to discuss this option with our specialist.
All these sexual health treatment options can be combined together to provide maximum results in Boca Raton.
What Makes Us Different?
At LifeGaines, we treat each client individually meaning we know they each have their own unique needs. There are different methods of healing or coping with this disease, but the treatment that may work could look different and may not be the same for two people.
Our clinic in Boca Raton proudly offers the following sexual health services:
- ED Treatment
- Peyronie’s Disease Treatment
- Dual-Stim Shockwave Therapy
- Priapus P-Shot
- Vaginal Rejuvenation
Contact our LifeGaines Boca Raton office today to ask for more information about the Peyronie’s Disease Treatment. Our experts are on hand to schedule a consultation and help you reclaim your power over erectile dysfunction.
How Does a Man Get Peyronie’s Disease? ‹
Usually, a man will get this disease from repeated injury to the penis. This could have happened during an accident, sports activity, or even during sex. The man may not always know what caused it or even remember it happening. That’s the tricky part, is not even remembering it happened.
What Happens if Peyronie’s Disease is Left Untreated? ‹
If this condition is left untreated, it can lead to other issues. The disease can lead to nonexpansile, fibrotic thickening, which causes pain. Letting the problem linger without treatment can also lead to structural abnormalities and loss of function.
What is the Best Treatment for Peyronie Disease? ‹
There are different, top of the line treatments specifically for this disease. LifeGaines only offers effective treatment that will help you feel like yourself again. To find out which treatment is the best, you can set up a consultation in our Boca Raton office.
Can Peyronie’s Disease Self Heal? ‹
If you have a mild form of the condition, it can heal on its own within 6-15 months. If you do need treatment, it can help get you feeling better faster and reduce overall pain that stems from the disease.
Contact LifeGaines medical spa in Boca Raton today to schedule an appointment with our Peyronie’s disease treatment specialist.