Bio-identical Hormone Therapy for women can be a life-changing treatment option to return the body’s hormone levels to what they were before you ever started noticing a decline in your body’s functioning and overall wellness.
Better yet, bio-identical hormone therapy is even more effective for women and the complex balance that make up your optimum hormone levels.
For women in South Florida, Dr. Richard Gaines provides a comprehensive diagnostic and treatment approach that offers significant rejuvenating effects.
Aging greatly affects hormone production in women. As a result, anytime your body stops functioning at its normal capacity you are bound to notice significant changes. This is especially true as you age.
Typical hormone replacement therapy includes estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, DHEA’s, and testosterone. However, any or all of these hormones can become imbalanced, leading to a variety of side effects and health concerns the only increase as you age.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
The level of hormones your body produces naturally changes as you age. Unfortunately for the female body, this can mean either high or low amounts of the five hormones that help regulate a variety of crucial functions.
- Estrogen – Low estrogen in women can cause depression, mood swings, hot flashes, irregular periods, and even discomfort during sexual intercourse. High estrogen in men can lead to extra weight gain and loss of muscle, decreased sex drive, insomnia, mood swings, headaches, and more.
- Progesterone – Low progesterone levels can contribute to moderate to severe headaches, depression, low libido, weight gain, fibroids, thyroid issues, hot flashes, and mood changes. High levels of progesterone can affect your weight, mood, energy, breast tenderness in women, and even your vision.
- Cortisol – Low cortisol levels can lead to extreme fatigue, low blood sugar, nausea, abdominal pain, low blood pressure, hyperpigmentation, weight loss, and decreased appetite. High cortisol can mean you experience weight gain, acne, bruising, muscle weakness, slower healing rates, severe fatigue, and irritability.
- DHEA – Low levels of DHEA have been known to affect pituitary and adrenal functions. This can lead to weakness, fatigue, infertility, and gaining weight. High DHEA levels can lead to hair loss, facial hair, deepening of the voice, fatigue, oily skin, acne, and stomach discomfort.
- Testosterone – Testosterone naturally occurs in women even though it’s a hormone we normally associate with men. Low levels of the hormone can cause low energy, fatigue, reduced libido, fertility issues, and disrupted sleep. In women, high levels of testosterone can cause irregular periods, acne, hair growth on the face, receding hairline, increased muscle mass, and a change in sexual drive.
Because many of these five hormones interact with others in your body, any imbalance can cause widespread effects. It’s even more important that you seek the help of a professional to determine the root cause of your imbalance and develop a treatment plan.
What Is Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)?
BHRT, or bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, is used to treat those whose hormone levels drop or become unbalanced. It’s most commonly used to treat perimenopause and menopause symptoms. It may also be used to treat conditions such as insulin resistance, adrenal and thyroid disorders, osteoporosis, and fibromyalgia.
Bio-identical hormones are artificial hormones obtained from plant estrogens that are chemically indistinguishable from those that the human body produces. Estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone are among those most commonly replicated and applied in treatment. Bio-identical hormones come in various forms, such as pills, patches, gels, creams, and injections.
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Treatment in Boca Raton Can Help
Bio-identical hormones match your own natural hormones on a molecular level. These hormones are readily accepted and utilized by your body for complex processes. That is because they match your own natural hormones on a molecular level. Using bio-identical hormones greatly reduces the chance of negative complications during treatment. Meaning you can rest assured that your treatment plan can restore your body’s natural functions.
Dr. Gaines will examine your symptoms to develop a customized bio-identical hormone regimen that addresses your unique needs. There are many options in administering bio-identical hormones, including creams, patches, nasal sprays, and injections.
Identify the underlying causes of your hormonal imbalances with a consultation at LifeGaines Med Spa Boca Raton. Through the use of blood and saliva testing, we can develop a hormone therapy plan that encourages your body’s functions. Get back to your old self and make an appointment at our offices today.
Why is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy used? ‹
At LifeGaines in Boca Raton, we use Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to help your body combat the effects of decreased hormones. Hormones naturally decrease as we age, which results in menopause and associated symptoms that can keep patients from feeling their best. Low libido, hot flashes, night sweats, mood changes, foggy memory, and fatigue can all be attributed to lower levels of hormones within women’s bodies. With Bioidentical Replacement Therapy, we are able to give your body the boost that it needs to combat the negative effects of lower hormonal levels and restore hormonal health and overall wellness.
What are the side effects of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Boca Raton? ‹
Side effects in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in women are generally temporary as your body gets used to the new, higher levels of hormones. After your first dose, you may experience symptoms similar to that of PMS: breast tenderness, mood changes, bloating, and cramping. However, soon after the initial hormonal dose, and when your body begins to reap the benefits of the hormone supplements, these side effects tend to subside or disappear altogether.
Who is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Boca Raton intended for? ‹
Women who are perimenopausal or menopausal benefit the most from Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. If you are beginning to experience or notice the effects of menopause, the Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy near you in Boca Raton could be your ideal solution.
Hormone Replacement Therapy benefits some women more than others, and our doctors are prepared to assess your overall health profile and help you determine if this therapy is right for you. Feel free to reach out to our experts at any time, and we can help evaluate your needs, and successfully determine what solution will serve you best.
When should I expect to see results from Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Boca Raton? ‹
Generally, patients begin to feel the effects of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy at our office in Boca Raton 2-3 weeks after the initial dose is taken. The full effect of your dose will be experienced approximately 8 weeks after the initial dose. It is our goal to achieve the balance and positive effects you are looking for with the lowest hormone dose possible. Because of this, we will carefully monitor hormone levels to ensure you are receiving the amount that is right for you.
At LifeGaines Med Spa Boca Raton, our priority is your health as you age and experience the effects of aging. We are here to assist you on this journey and can’t wait to help you take this next step towards a solution that works for you.