Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy for women can be a life-changing treatment option to return the body’s hormone levels to what they were before you ever started noticing a decline in your body’s functioning and overall wellness. Better yet, bio-identical hormone therapy is even more effective for women and the complex balance that make up your optimum hormone levels.
For women in South Florida, Dr. Richard Gaines provides a comprehensive diagnostic and treatment approach that offers significant rejuvenating effects.
Anytime our bodies stop functioning at normal capacity you’re bound to notice significant changes. This is especially true as you age. One major area that can be affected for aging women is the production of five key hormones.
Typical bio-identical hormone therapy includes estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, DHEA’s, and testosterone. Any or all of these hormones can become imbalanced, leading to a variety of side effects and health concerns the only increase as you age.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
As you age, your body naturally changes the levels at which hormones are produced. Unfortunately for the female body, this can mean either high or low amounts of the five hormones that help regulate a variety of crucial functions.
- Estrogen – Low estrogen can cause depression, mood swings, hot flashes, irregular periods, and even discomfort during sexual intercourse. High estrogen can lead to extra weight around your middle, decreased sex drive, and headaches.
- Progesterone – Low progesterone levels can contribute to moderate to severe headaches, low libido, weight gain, fibroids, thyroid issues, hot flashes, and mood changes. High levels of progesterone can affect your weight, mood, energy, breast tenderness, and even your vision.
- Cortisol – Low cortisol levels can lead to extreme fatigue, low blood sugar, nausea, abdominal pain, low blood pressure, hyper pigmentation of the skin, weight loss, decreased appetite, salt cravings. High cortisol can mean you experience weight gain, acne, bruising, muscle weakness, slower healing rates, severe fatigue, and irritability.
- DHEAs – Low levels of DHEAs have been known to affect pituitary and adrenal functions, leading to weakness, fatigue, infertility, and gaining weight. High DHEA levels can lead to hair loss, facial hair, deepening of the voice, fatigue, oily skin, acne, and stomach discomfort.
- Testosterone – Testosterone naturally occurs in women even though it’s a hormone we normally associate with men. Low levels of the hormone can cause low energy, fatigue, reduced libido, fertility issues, and disrupted sleep. High levels of testosterone can cause irregular periods, acne, hair grown on the face, receding hairline, increased muscle mass, and a change in sexual drive.
Because many of these five hormones interact with others in your body, any imbalance can cause widespread effects. It’s even more important that you seek the help of a professional to determine the root cause of your imbalance and develop a treatment plan.
Bio-identical Hormones Can Help
Bio-identical hormones are more readily accepted and utilized by your body’s complex processes because they match your own natural hormones on a molecular level. The chance for negative complications during hormone therapy is also greatly reduced, meaning you can rest assured that your doctor’s treatment plan can restore your body’s natural functions.
You and your doctor will meet to discuss your symptoms and develop a customized bio-identical hormone treatment regimen that addresses your unique needs. There are many options in administering bio-identical hormones, including creams, patches, nasal sprays, and injections.
Our experts are trained to identify the underlying causes of your hormonal imbalances by performing thorough consultations. Through the use of blood and saliva testing, we can help develop a bio-identical hormone therapy plan that encourages your body’s functions and can help you reclaim the body you deserve. Get back to your old self and make an appointment at our offices today.