Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for women can be a life-changing treatment option to return the body’s hormone levels to what they were before you ever started noticing a decline in your body’s functioning and overall wellness. Better yet, bio-identical hormone therapy is even more effective for women and the complex balance that make up your optimum hormone levels.
For women in South Florida, Dr. Richard Gaines provides a comprehensive diagnostic and treatment approach that offers significant rejuvenating effects.
Aging greatly affects hormone production in women. As a result, anytime your body stops functioning at its normal capacity you are bound to notice significant changes. This is especially true as you age.
Typical hormone replacement therapy includes estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, DHEA’s, and testosterone. However, any or all of these hormones can become imbalanced, leading to a variety of side effects and health concerns the only increase as you age.
Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
The level of hormones your body produces naturally changes as you age. Unfortunately for the female body, this can mean either high or low amounts of the five hormones that help regulate a variety of crucial functions.
- Estrogen – Low estrogen can cause depression, mood swings, hot flashes, irregular periods, and even discomfort during sexual intercourse. High estrogen can lead to extra weight around your middle, decreased sex drive, and headaches.
- Progesterone – Low progesterone levels can contribute to moderate to severe headaches, low libido, weight gain, fibroids, thyroid issues, hot flashes, and mood changes. High levels of progesterone can affect your weight, mood, energy, breast tenderness, and even your vision.
- Cortisol – Low cortisol levels can lead to extreme fatigue, low blood sugar, nausea, abdominal pain, low blood pressure, hyperpigmentation, weight loss, and decreased appetite. High cortisol can mean you experience weight gain, acne, bruising, muscle weakness, slower healing rates, severe fatigue, and irritability.
- DHEA – Low levels of DHEA have been known to affect pituitary and adrenal functions. This can lead to weakness, fatigue, infertility, and gaining weight. High DHEA levels can lead to hair loss, facial hair, deepening of the voice, fatigue, oily skin, acne, and stomach discomfort.
- Testosterone – Testosterone naturally occurs in women even though it’s a hormone we normally associate with men. Low levels of the hormone can cause low energy, fatigue, reduced libido, fertility issues, and disrupted sleep. High levels of testosterone can cause irregular periods, acne, hair growth on the face, receding hairline, increased muscle mass, and a change in sexual drive.
Because many of these five hormones interact with others in your body, any imbalance can cause widespread effects. It’s even more important that you seek the help of a professional to determine the root cause of your imbalance and develop a treatment plan.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Can Help
Bioidentical Hormones match your own natural hormones on a molecular level. These hormones are readily accepted and utilized by your body for complex processes. That is because they match your own natural hormones on a molecular level. Using bioidentical hormones greatly reduces the chance of negative complications during hormone therapy. Meaning you can rest assured that your treatment plan can restore your body’s natural functions.
Dr. Gaines will examine your symptoms to develop a customized bio-identical hormone regimen that addresses your unique needs. There are many options in administering bio-identical hormones, including creams, patches, nasal sprays, and injections.
Identify the underlying causes of your hormonal imbalances with a free consultation at LifeGaines. Through the use of blood and saliva testing, we can develop a hormone therapy plan that encourages your body’s functions. Get back to your old self and make an appointment at our offices today.