We know that losing weight can be tough. If you’ve been struggling with weight loss using traditional methods on your own, medical weight loss can provide substantial results.
If you live in the Boca Raton area, stop by LifeGAINES to take a comprehensive approach towards weight loss. Your weight is important for your physical and emotional health. Don’t leave any stone left unturned.
Obesity experts are advising more and more patients to utilize a new approach to weight control and weight loss that involves a multimodal approach. Similar to a healthcare professional treating illnesses such as hypertension, heart disease, and cancer, our expert physicians will approach your weight loss with a combination of medicines designed to help you achieve the results you want.
One of the biggest obstacles you face when attempting to control obesity is the fact that there is a myriad of causes. The goal of this multimodal approach is to evaluate and treat all possible factors that can affect excess age-related fat storage, thus maximizing your weight loss results.
Physiology and Age-Related Fat Gain
Because there are many factors that can lead to weight gain as you age, it’s important to understand what your body experiences as you age.
- Hormonal Imbalances – As you age, your hormones can start to serve your body less due to deficiencies or excesses, which can lead to obesity. A comprehensive evaluation of your hormone levels can be used to assess imbalances and help you with weight loss.
- Diet and Nutrition Assessment – At the simplest level, medical experts will need to evaluate your diet and nutrition with the use of detailed and comprehensive blood work to check for specific deficiencies in your food that can contribute to obesity.
- Adequate Sleep – Sometimes as you age, it becomes harder and harder to get a good night’s rest. If your body isn’t repairing itself while you sleep, it’s unfortunately more likely to have trouble helping you lose weight during the day.
- Stress Reduction – Studies have shown that our bodies experience difficulty losing weight when we are under stress due to a tendency to hoard calories and extra fat. Finding ways to reduce stress can be key to your weight loss.
- Inflammation – Oxidative stress and DNA damage as you age are major contributing factors to inflammation and weight gain. These can, however, be combated with the use of supplements and nutraceuticals.
- Cellular Insulin Resistance – As you age, your cells can become unable to absorb glucose, preventing proper energy production and leading to high insulin levels, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. Certain seaweed extracts can encourage fat loss by blocking the enzyme (alpha-glucosidase) that contributes to the absorption of carbohydrates.
- Basal Expenditure Rate – Your body’s resting basal expenditure rate decreases by 2% after you reach the age of 40. It’s the rate by which energy is metabolized and consumed on the cellular level. Green tea phytosome has been found to inhibit fat absorption and reduce fat storage.
- Cells Response to Foods and Additives – Using an ALCAT Test, our medical professionals can assess the response your cells have to foods. If you have any intolerances, it can lead to inflammation, premature aging, autoimmunity, and even tissue and DNA damage.
- Leptin and Adiponectin Resistance – If your body isn’t processing leptin and Adiponectin at the appropriate level, you might experience an increase in appetite and fat deposits. Taking physician prescribed products can reduce appetite levels and help you lose weight effortlessly.
- Exercise – Though the importance of exercise can seem pretty straight forward, we have less and less time and ability as we age. Our professionals can work with you to design a safe and effective regimen to help you lose weight.
Don’t let the physiological effects of aging prevent you from weight loss and weight control. By using medical weight loss strategies like enhancing the immune system, improving sleep, raising energy levels, and strengthening your metabolism, our experts can help you achieve your goals. Call for an appointment today.